Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What do I really need for my new baby.

There are a few things I could have done without that would have freed up some space for more important things on my baby registry.  This was something I wish I would have known to ask for. A crib with wheels. I wheeled that baby around the whole house effortlessly. It made my life so much easier after I bought it. It is an Eddie bauer side sleeper or bassinet if you will. It was so much better than leaning down into the port a crib and then if I needed it in another room I would have to break the whole thing down, to much ado. So this is my number one baby must have(other than the little essentials of course).
I did need that port a crib to travel though. If you are big on traveling and sleepovers at grandmas this is a must have too. I was lucky and found this at my local grocery store for 20 dollars.











Then I found out my baby was colicky. BOM BOM BOM! It happens; it isn't as bad with this little miracle right here. The vibrating bouncy chair. Turn that sucker on and zzzzzzzz.









Turned out the kitten loved it too. Maybe a kitten should be on the list too.

Next is a high chair from IKEA. There were no nooks and crannies for food to get into. No unnecessary padding to get slimmed. The easiest chair to clean. Super easy and fast, I likey.



And the bath must haves are an infant bath lounge and chair. I went to my local kid to kid (up cycled kids items) and found both for 5 dollars each. Happy mommy.









The boppy pillow came in handy alot. And I mean alot. With nursing, lounging, and tummy time.

It helped sister hold her correctly too. OHHHHHHH
And a funny hat, but mostly a car seat. I loved my car seat that locked into my stroller. I forgot how nice it is to have that huge undercarriage that you can shove everything in while your out and about.
The Bumbo was cute for a few picture opportunities. But really it was just for giggles. Than today I found out 4 million Bumbo's were recalled for safety issues. So maybe pass on this one. It is better for there tummy muscles to work on there own I would imagine.

And above all peace of mind. You will be running to the store 10 times as much now anyway so you will have plenty of opportunities to grab what you need anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment