Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How to start a craft fair blog business network cheapest way possible

Whewww. There is so much information out there. I am trying to just filter out all the information I don't need. Simple is the way for me and I am writing my goals down.
                       Step 1- write goals down
GOAL ZERO- Get a website. Plenty of websites dedicated to that! I am going to use blogspot.com and pay for the .com name. $7.95 per month sounds pretty good.
Goal 1- Write down the inventory I will be taking with me to trade shows and craft fairs alike. I want to make things that are new and unique! Mockingjay's are going to be huge these next couple years.
Goal 2- Make patterns for all my projects I plan to make allot of. I make my own patterns out of freezer paper. They hold up well.
Goal 3- Gather tons of supplies for inventory needed from cheapest places possible. I love to go ksl.com (livin in Utah, woot-woot) and thrift stores. Junk has surely gone up in price because of the market though. That's ok it is Garage Sale season now!!!!
Goal 4- Make inventory. Make tons. As much as you can afford.
Goal 5- Sew sign with logo on it. I can't wait. I will make it like a banner quilt.                               (Maybe this will work)
Goal 6- Make business cards (with website name). Should make sure whatever your business name.com is not taken. I used godaddy.com. You don't have to buy it from them then another place again. Just once.
Goal 7- Put together display for craft fairs. This will be super fun. I found tons of cute pictures with search words like craft fair displays or boutique setups.
Goal 8- Take pictures of craft fair display for craft fair applications. They will want to see what you have to offer and for sure find out about juried and non-juried shows.
Goal 9- Apply to craft shows. Don't worry if you don't get in at first.
Goal 10- Get credit card square for phone. The payment is 2.75% per payment which is comparible to etsy/paypal fees.
Goal 11- Make price tags.

Now with my craft fair ready and in order I can spend some more time on my website. I started off with owning a domain name. I found the best name with a little research. http://www.marketsamurai.com/ helped me immensely.
Next; Content. Easy peasy.
Now the hard part. Networking all of my facebook and blogging and website stuff together. More on that next time



No comments:

Post a Comment