Friday, October 21, 2011

My own garden produce chicken crock pot recipie.

I feel I am so happy when I pull and pick my food from the garden that my family and I and the whole earth worked on all summer. There is that moment when I am fully who I am and it's easy to be a mom. I know that this dinner will be perfect before I start. There is no question in my mind that there will be smiles all around the table as I am washing all the earth off.

I keep picking and washing and slicing till the crock pot is full. I add,


3 cloves of skinned garlic cloves
4 chicken thighs skinned
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
speared sweet potatoes
1/2 an onion sliced up
carrots speared
small red potatoes diced into quarters
 I wait to put some greens in later like broccoli and spinach
I would have loved to add some spice, my 8 year old would have protested. 

No comments:

Post a Comment