Monday, March 12, 2012

Sensory Table with colored rice

 The prep for colored rice is consuming but worth it in the long run. You can pack it away in an air tight container (we have those little moths that get into our rice) and play with it over and over again.    
    First I got three packs of each color of koolaid that I wanted. Although I could not find blue I had to just use food coloring.
    I dumped the three packets of one color in a heat safe measuring cup and put in just a tablespoon of super hot water into that and mixed it.
    Then I dumped the koolaid dye into 8 cups of rice and mixed it around. This is were the younger kids can help.
    When the rice is dyed evenly dump it out on a tray to let dry. I used wax paper underneath and let it dry a couple hours. The kids all around our neighborhood had fun playing dinosaur dig, garden, tea party,find the things in our sensory table, among a few. It really is a game for all ages.




No comments:

Post a Comment